For the policing profession, there is a better way than ‘business as usual.’
Every contact police have should instill safety and security, while building trust, influence and relationships.
The best cops and genuine leaders have always lived this out, but processes in the police culture have eroded this type of leadership, exposing a layer of fear, cynicism and mistrust.
Many caring and thoughtful people want things to change and are willing to volunteer their best efforts to see it through.
Closely observing many people who are masters at inspiring trust and relationship in a wide range of situations, revealed an effective pattern they followed. This pattern has developed into “Power 4 Synergy; the Four Quadrants of Safety and Effectiveness”. Power 4 Synergy equips people to move through the 3 Quadrants of Safety towards the final Quadrant of Synergy. The following are just a few examples that demonstrate the wide range of situations in which the Power 4 Synergy was observed to be highly effective:
- Officers Matt Tomasic and Octavio Villalobos of the West Side CAN-Kansas City’s nationally recognized success story where a very challenging area has been turned around.
- Sgt. Charles (Chip) Huth and the men of the 1910 Squad Street Crimes Unit-2 ½ years of high risk search warrants and tactical operations with a record of high effectiveness and zero community complaints
- Esteemed teachers who work in the most challenging classrooms of our city - masters of creating a safe, productive classroom environment in schools often identified with disorder
- Military personnel who learned to build trust and relationship in foreign countries with diverse languages, cultures and people who have every reason to mistrust the U.S. Military
- Undercover officers; they must master the lower quadrants because their mission does not allow them to control offenders in the environment.
Thank you for wanting to join us in our mission to improve law enforcement / community member relationships. We encourage you to contact your local law enforcement agencies through Facebook, Twitter, and email to let them know about the project by referring them to our website and sharing our mission. We hope to provide in the near future more ways to interact with local law enforcement agencies.
Please share our project with your Linked In, Facebook and twitter friends. Contact us below for more information or if you know potential donors for our project. If you would like to donate a financial gift toward the project, please click here. Thanks again for your support of our project!
Click below to share our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Unleashing RespectThe purpose of the Unleashing Respect Project is to build and strengthen partnerships between police and their communities, and equip these partnerships to instill safety, confidence and prosperity into our communities.
Donate to the Project